Saturday, October 8, 2011

Silly squirrel...

Do you ever wonder why God invented squirrels? I do. They must have some sort of  purpose in the animal kingdom, besides being someone's lunch. To those of us who enjoy watching and feeding birds, squirrels can be a huge pest. There is nothing that will stop them once they make up their minds to do something. So...perhaps squirrels can teach us about determination. Or, perhaps God just put them here on earth to make us laugh! I've had some of the best laughs over the years, watching some of the antics of squirrels in my yard.
Here's an innocent little fellow. This guy was just outside my dining room window, and clearly, he had his eye on the brand, new bird feeder behind him. He was nonchalantly washing his paws, knowing he was being watched. My son-in-law, Justin and I were both standing there staring at him, and he was staring back, just waiting for us to leave so he could make his move.
It was a staring-contest showdown. Justin and I couldn't help but giggle at him, knowing what he had in mind, so we slowly backed up and hid behind the wall to see if he would make his move...
 SCORE!! Squirrel - 1, birds - 0. Squirrels have an amazing ability to defy gravity and to stick to anything! Anyway, this squirrel was cheap entertainment and made me smile. So, Justin and I decided that he should be immortalized on a greeting card...
And, look! He's actually smiling! Or is that a triumphant little sneer?... 



No comments:

Post a Comment