Friday, October 7, 2011

That sunny, summer day at the lake

It seems like it was only a few weeks ago when I joined my painting friends ("The Sisterhood of the Traveling Paints" as we call ourselves) at Beaver Lake in Sammamish for some plein aire painting. It was one of those glorious, and somewhat rare, Pacific Northwest summer days in the mid-seventies with clear blue skies. I look out my window now to gray skies with some misty, wet stuff coming down. Not exactly rain, but I like it. It's the perfect kind of day to hunker down with a cup of tea, catch up on some projects around the house and to get on the computer and start my new blog!


I have a separate web site devoted to my home portrait business, www.homes-by-heidi.com, but I needed someplace else to share with the whole wide world about all of the other arts and crafts that I like to do. So, here it is! One thing in particular I'd like to share are my new photo greeting cards. Here are two of them that I created from pictures that I took on that glorious-somewhat rare-mid-seventies-summer day at Beaver Lake. Do you see the little red boat with a couple of people in it? I think they were fishing...I wonder if they caught any? It was a great day to be out on the water and near the water and I'm glad I have a couple of photos to remember that pretty day.


I'll have my cards available for sale soon at local shops here in Issaquah and online too at some point in the near future. I'll let you know! If you'd like to subscribe to my posts, please sign up by clicking on the "Subscribe to" option on the sidebar . I also have some pen and ink illustrations that I've been working on of Issaquah landmarks to show you sometime soon, so stay tuned! Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment