Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Queen Lulu Rules!

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Dogs have masters, cats have servants"? Well, I have a dog and a cat and I can tell you for a fact that it's true. I'll even go so far as to say that cats have subjects, royally speaking. Here's "Queen Lulu". She looks very royal, doesn't she?


Here she is when she was merely "Princess Lulu". Isn't she sweet??? Awww...


Queen Lulu did not always look or act very dignified, though...


It's hard to keep one's crown on sometimes. Oh, well. 


It's also hard to stay slim and aerodynamic. (I know that too well!) Do you see the little pillow back on the corner of my art table? That's Lulu's pillow/throne. She likes it much better on top of my painting, apparently. If Lulu were a dog I would tell her, "GO!" and she would go and I would get back to my painting. Did I order Lulu to "GO!"? Umm...no. I got up and decided to do something else. Oh, well. 


Queen Lulu is a beautiful girl, and sometimes she doesn't even need a crown to look like she's the boss. Now before you get the wrong idea about Queen Lulu, she is a very affectionate kitty! I drew a pencil portrait of her which I think captures her sweet, gentle nature...I love my kitty. 


Right now I'm working on a portrait of my dog Zoe and will show you some pictures of her so that she will get equal blog time. Parents need to try to be fair to all of their furry children, and even their UN-furry children...


Have I ever told you about my tortoise, "Queen Ona"?







No comments:

Post a Comment