Thursday, April 4, 2013

Treasures in Miniature

Tonight I'll be attending the opening reception for the "Treasures in Miniature" art show on Mercer Island. I have three paintings in the show, so I thought I'd show them to you in case you can't make it to the gallery.

"Be my Valentine", 4 x 6,
 watercolor and colored pencil

This is my newest painting! On Valentine's Day, my husband, Keith brought home a huge bouquet that he picked up at Pike's Place Market in Seattle. They make the most amazing flower bouquets there, by the way! It was jam packed with tulips, pussy willows, statice and all sorts of beautiful greenery. I photographed it in the afternoon sun and was inspired to paint it. I loved the old-world, dramatic, dark against light effect it had.

The other two paintings I have at the MIVAL Gallery in Mercer Island are the teacup portraits I posted recently. These are also rendered in the same technique of watercolor on Arches watercolor board, with Lyra colored pencil on top.

"Nana's Teacup", 4 x 6

"Tea with Lemon", 4 x 6
If you live in the area and would like to go see the show, here are the details from the promotional post card:

Hope you can come! :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment