Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

I'm excited to share with you the opening of my online gallery through Daily Paintworks.com! I'm in the process of loading artwork onto my gallery page, so check back every so often for more artwork. Pieces that are for sale will be available for purchase through PayPal with just a click.

Here is a new piece that I created for the Daily Paintworks "Furry Friends Challenge". It is a 6 x 6 portrait of my favorite resident model, Lulu. It is painted on 300 lb. hot press watercolor paper, first with watercolor, then with Pan pastels. Pan pastels are not in stick form like most pastels, but are finer, creamier pastels that comes in small pots that are applied with make-up type of sponges.

"Lulu Belle", 6 x 6, Pan pastel and watercolor
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of working in a looser, more painterly style and I am eager to try painting more pieces in this method! You may not be a fan of fat cats, so I promise I will try to branch out into new subject matter. :)

Wishing you all the best in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment