Saturday, May 9, 2015

Miniatures Shows

Over the past year, I've enjoyed trying my hand at painting miniatures. Taking advantage of my nearsighted vision (no glasses to paint!), I've been so pleased to have discovered my "niche" in the art world. Last fall, I shipped three miniatures off to Maryland for the 81st Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature, presented by The Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington D.C. (MPSGS)

"Monticello - Spring Storm", Watercolor
Two paintings were returned to me, one had sold. A collector from Pennsylvania purchased the above painting of Monticello. So exciting! Then earlier this year, three miniatures of mine were entered in the 2015 Annual Show of the Miniature Art Society of Florida. Two returned to me, one sold. Doubly exciting! 
"Valentine Bouquet", Colored Pencil
I was reluctant to part with this painting at first as it was a favorite and held some sentimental attachment. But realizing that I shouldn't hoard all of my paintings, but get them out there for the world to see, I sent it off to Florida. Now I'm so happy that this painting "spoke" to a collector and that they are enjoying it right now in their own home. 


Last night I attended the Parklane Gallery's 23rd Annual Juried International Miniature Show in Kirkland, WA. What a thrill for me to be presented with my first award for miniature painting! (As you can tell by my deliriously happy expression) This little painting below won 3rd place Honorable Mention. 

"Williamsburg Pleasure Garden", watercolor

I'm so inspired by the many beautiful, tiny paintings that so many talented miniaturists from around the globe have created. A challenging art form, paintings in "the little" never cease to inspire me and draw me in to their magical world. If you are in the area, stop by and visit the show at the Parklane Gallery in Kirkland which runs through May 31st. Enjoy!



  

1 comment:

  1. Great to see these awesome paintings. Want to participate in art exhibition that will be arranged at one of Chicago event space by next week. Have never given my piece for exhibition but would love to give this time.

    ReplyDelete